PS5 Slim: Everything we know so far about the new look PS5
Sony has officially confirmed the release of the PS5 Slim, which is expected to launch in November 2023. The new console will be a smaller and lighter version of the original PS5, but it will retain all of the same features and performance.
PS5 Slim Details
Here is everything we know so far about the PS5 Slim:
- Design: The PS5 Slim is expected to have a similar design to the original PS5, but it will be smaller and lighter. The console is rumored to be about 20% smaller and 10% lighter than the original PS5.
- Features: The PS5 Slim will have all of the same features as the original PS5, including a custom CPU and GPU, 16GB of GDDR6 RAM, and an 825GB SSD.
- Performance: The PS5 Slim is expected to have the same performance as the original PS5. This means that it will be able to run all of the latest PS5 games at high frame rates and resolutions.
- Price: The price of the PS5 Slim has not yet been announced, but it is rumored to be slightly cheaper than the original PS5.
Overall, the PS5 Slim is expected to be a great option for gamers who want a smaller and lighter PS5 console without sacrificing any features or performance.
Additional rumors and speculation:
- Some rumors suggest that the PS5 Slim may have a removable disc drive. This would allow Sony to sell the console at two different price points: one for the disc drive version and one for the digital-only version.
- Other rumors suggest that the PS5 Slim may have a new cooling system that is quieter and more efficient than the cooling system in the original PS5.
It is important to note that all of this information is based on rumors and speculation. Sony has not yet confirmed any of the details about the PS5 Slim. However, we can expect to learn more about the new console in the coming months.