Video games are a powerful medium that can evoke a wide range of emotions in players, including sadness and sorrow. Some games are designed specifically to be emotionally resonant, while others may simply tell stories that are so well-crafted and believable that players can’t help but feel invested in the characters and their journeys.
Here are a few video games that are known for making players cry:
The Last of Us (PS3, PS4):
This post-apocalyptic survival game tells the story of Joel, a hardened survivor, and Ellie, a young girl who is immune to the infection that has turned most of humanity into mindless husks. The game features a number of heartbreaking moments, including the death of Joel’s daughter in the opening scene.
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC):
This Western action-adventure game tells the story of Arthur Morgan, an outlaw who is forced to choose between his loyalty to his gang and his own moral compass. The game features a number of emotionally charged scenes, including Arthur’s redemption arc as he comes to terms with his past mistakes.
What Remains of Edith Finch (PC, consoles):
This narrative adventure game follows the story of Edith Finch, the last surviving member of her cursed family. As Edith explores her family’s mansion, she learns about the tragic deaths of her relatives. The game features a number of heartbreaking stories, each with its own unique visual style.
Life is Strange (PC, consoles):
This interactive drama game follows the story of Max Caulfield, a high school student who discovers that she has the ability to rewind time. As Max uses her power to change the past, she must also deal with the consequences of her choices. The game features a number of emotional moments, including the death of Max’s best friend, Chloe Price.
To the Moon (PC, consoles, mobile):
This RPG adventure game tells the story of two doctors who implant artificial memories into a dying man. As the doctors explore the man’s memories, they learn about his life and the love of his life. The game features a heartwarming and bittersweet story that is sure to leave players in tears.
These are just a few examples of video games that can make players cry. There are many other great games out there that can evoke a strong emotional response, so be sure to check them out if you’re looking for a challenge.
Here are some more tips for crying while playing video games:
- Get invested in the characters and their stories. The more you care about the characters, the more likely you are to feel emotional when something happens to them.
- Play the game at your own pace. Don’t rush through the story just to finish the game. Take your time and savor the experience.
- Play in a quiet and private environment. This will help you to focus on the game and avoid distractions.
- Take breaks if you need to. If you find yourself getting too emotional, take a break from the game and come back to it later.
- Don’t be afraid to cry. It’s perfectly normal to cry when you’re watching a movie or reading a book, so don’t feel ashamed to cry while playing a video game. Crying can be a healthy way to release emotions.
I hope this article helps you to find a video game that will make you cry. Remember, there is no shame in crying, and it can be a cathartic experience.